Organized opposition can STOP this plan from becoming a reality. There are better ways to upgrade our electrical power. Yesterday’s technology is not the solution to tomorrow’s energy challenges.
On January 17, 2014 a coalition of Hudson Valley government, non-profit, and citizens’ groups sent the attached letter to the Governor describing our concerns. We need the community to make its voice heard on the PSC website!
We must make our concerns known to the Public Service Commission. Here is what you can do …
1. Post your comments on the Public Service Commission website (www.dps.ny.gov). Download instructions on how to post your comments in just minutes:
2. Write to your representatives and demand that they stop this process until Hudson Valley residents are fully informed about the options and alternatives:
- Hon. Kathleen H. Burgess, Secretary to the Commission, New York State Public Service Commission, Empire State Plaza, Agency Building 3, Albany, NY 12223-1350 or Email me!
- Marc Molinaro (Dutchess County Executive) 22 Market St., Poughkeepsie, NY 12601 or Email me!
- Patrick Grattan (Columbia County Chairman of Board of Supervisors) 401 State St., Hudson NY 12534 or Email me!
- Didi Barrett (106th assembly) PO Box 405, Pleasant Valley, NY 12569 or Email me!
- Terry Gipson (State Senator for District 41) PO Box 55, Rhinebeck NY 12572 or Email me!
3. Join our Facebook Fan page to register your concern and to receive updates and news about key events and actions: facebook.com/nomonsterpowerlines.
4. Contact us here for more information or if you are interested in volunteering to work with No Monster Power Lines.